Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ilka Y Nazario has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
I have been to this doctor one time and really liked the doctor herself, however she is slow to phone in prescriptions when needed. AND...if you try to call there, you can plan on automated phones as there is no human to talk to. Most often you are asked to 'leave a message as nobody is available at this time. TOTALLY UNacceptable for a doctor's office. For these 2 reasons, I will not be back for a 2nd visit. It is too bad as I really did like the doctor. But I must have a doctor that has a 'live' person answer the phone. In addition, I want a doctor that will authorize a prescription or change before 6:00 the next nite. And lastly, Dr. Nazario's policy of giving NO pain medication under any circumstance swayed me to find another physician as my primary care provider. Not everyone that needs pain medication occasionally is a 'drug addict'. The key word here is 'occasional'. But she has chosen not to prescribe under any circumstances which requires the patient to have yet another Drs Office to contend with and I simply don't have the desire to do that. A patient shouldn't have to do that. There are pharmaceutical checks that can be done online to determine whether the patient is 'doctor shopping' or not. Anyway, Dr. Nazario was friendly enough but unfortunately that is not enough.
18 Years Experience
Ponce School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Forum Health - Western Reserve Care System
Dr. Ilka Y Nazario accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ilka Y Nazario is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hermitage, PA.