Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Iman E Mohamed has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Gene Therapy
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Cancer
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Mohamed teaches at UTMC. She is very knowledgeable and has a good bedside manner, but is more interested in the student getting the lesson than the patient being coddled. If you want to make sure that the cancer is being treated aggressively and completely, Dr. Mohamed is your go-to gal. If you want to be treated like a princess, you'll be disappointed. Make sure you're ready to bring up any questions, side effects, concerns right away. She'll answer your questions, but would rather hear you're doing fine and have no issues.
My oncolgist referred me twice to see Dr. M. Both times I was told Dr. M's office would call and set up the appointment. They never did. Then a third time I asked my oncologist, and they booked the appt right then. I showed up to check-in today. They did'nt have me listed as a patient. I had paperwork in my hand stating otherwise. After checking in, and waiting 50 minutes I told the office girl my appt was 50 minutes over-due. She said "you're after the next."Waited 15 more minutes. Was taken to my room. Waited more. After 1 hr and 40 minutes I finally saw the dr. to ask my one questions. The office staff thought I was there for a genetic consult. I already had that done, and printed on my history. Dr. was knowledgable in the topic. kind enough. Answered my question. During our friendly conversation she did point out that I was a "large woman" and wondered how that would work with my Chinese boyfriend. Go figure. I'm big. Amazon woman got to leave and go to my Christmas party late.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
33 Years Experience
Graduated in 1985
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Iman E Mohamed accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsProhealth Physician Partners, 3125 Transverse Dr, Toledo, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Iman E Mohamed in this video.
Dr. Iman E Mohamed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Toledo, OH.