Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Imara Dissanayake
Dr. Imara Dissanayake, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Elkins Park, PA (and 1 other location). She has 22 years of experience. Her specialties include Nephrology. Dr. Dissanayake is affiliated with Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment, Elkins Park Hospital and Jeanes Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Imara Dissanayake has the following 1 specialty
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
Dr. Imara Dissanayake has the following 4 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE)
Dr. Imara Dissanayake has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Imara Dissanayake is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Dissanayake is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment
Elkins Park Hospital
Albert Einstein Medical Center
Germantown Hospital & Community Health Services
Montgomery Hospital XXXXX
22 Years Experience
University Of The Witwatersrand
Graduated in 1991
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Imara Dissanayake in this video.
Dr. Imara Dissanayake is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.