Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Imelda C Alfonso
Dr. Imelda C Alfonso, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Bernardino, CA, with another office in San Bernardino, CA. She has 43 years of experience. Her specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Alfonso is affiliated with Monterey Park Hospital, Loma Linda University Medical Center and Huntington Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Imelda C Alfonso has 2 locations
268 W Hospitality Ln Ste 400
San Bernardino, CA 92415
820 E Gilbert St
San Bernardino, CA 92415
Book Online Now
Dr. Imelda C Alfonso has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Imelda C Alfonso has the following 11 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
Showing 1 of 1
very good at her job
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imelda C Alfonso - Posted on May 11th, 2012
Dr. Alfonso is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Imelda C Alfonso Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Imelda C Alfonso's office for more information.
268 W Hospitality Ln Ste 400 San Bernardino, CA : (909) 382-3087
820 E Gilbert St San Bernardino, CA 92415
Locations & Directions
Dr. Imelda C Alfonso is similar to the following 4 Doctors near San Bernardino, CA.