Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Imelda V Chan-Villanueva has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Villanueva is very thorough. She has already done more for me in only two visits than my last primary care doctor did for me in six years. I didn't have medical insurance due to a sudden situation change, but she and her staff pointed me in the right direction and helped me get set up with a program based on my financial needs. Because she cares about her practice, she is sure to care about her patients. She also communicates very well with the specialists she refers her patients to and makes sure that follow ups are completed properly. Getting an appointment was as easy as calling her office and telling them what I needed. Both appointments were on time and everyone was very friendly. Though she did not spend a lot of time with me, I believe a lot was covered in the small amount of time she did spend with me. As I said, she is thorough and I am satisfied with her treatment toward me. She did listen to my concerns and asked the appropriate questions. My only regret is not changing doctors sooner.
24 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Imelda V Chan-Villanueva accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMadison St Joseph Health Center, 100 W Cross St, Madisonville, TX
Dr. Imelda V Chan-Villanueva is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Madisonville, TX.