Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Imelda A Sia has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
Dr. Sia is a loving and caring doctor. My family and I have been under her care for over 10 years She is a very busy doctor with several patients who I believe had trusted her so much just as we do since no matter how long we wait for our turn to be seen and treated we know we are given the right treatment we need. She takes time to listen to everyone and treats you like her own family. She addresses all your issues and concerns. She is not only a doctor but a friend we can consider as well
Besides waiting almost 2 hours to get into a room, then waiting 1/2 hour before she came in, she told me after an MRI said I have a bulding disc in my neck and past she had put me on a weight restriction of zero pounds . Then tells me that it's only a slight buldge. And why am I not working, with the problem still causing pain and discomfort just from getting dressed. Returning to my work would be writing and much movement in for I am right handed. Should I teach myself at 45 to be left handed I asked her. She rolled her eyes, said nothing and left the room. Not professional. Only good thing I will say, is getting an appointment is easy. Only to be packed in her office like sardines. And waste time sitting there.
You wait forever for an office visit, she takes in walkins which then makes it worse. My 86 year mother has had this poor doctor because she does not want to look for another, does not return phone calls from us or the pharmacy after she messes up the prescription. Only doctor I have even seen that has all bad ratings. The only good rating was she takes all people, yes because it is the money not the good service.
Swedish Covenant Hospital
Dr. Imelda A Sia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGlendale Heights Healthcare Center, 113 W Lake St, Bloomingdale, IL
Dr. Imelda A Sia is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bloomingdale, IL.