The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed has the following 10 expertise
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergies
- Hay Fever
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed - Posted on October 17th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed - Posted on June 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed - Posted on June 24th, 2011
I finally got a day off at work to visit a doctor for my food & insect bites allergies. I waited an hour and a half for the doctor to come in, he looked like he just rolled out of bed, barely looked at me, seemed not interested at all at what I had to say. After spending maybe 5 minutes we were done, he gave me a referral to get a blood test and made another appointment. I felt like I just paid a copay for wasting my day. 2 days before my next appointment I got a voice mail from the office telling me I need to reschedule because it's a holiday weekend. Then why make it for that date in the first place?! I feel no intention of going back.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed - Posted on February 2nd, 2011
I thought that by going to a pediatric allergist that they would be able to handle my 5 year old with care. Instead because my son was not a happy camper and a bit loud when the Dr was trying to talk the Dr. snapped at him. I also felt extreamely insulted as a parent when asked why I haven't helped my son already, even though we have been trying to figure out his allergies for awhile now. Also after the back test was performed nothing was given to my son to help stop the reactions or any discomfort.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed - Posted on December 24th, 2009
We took our Daughter since she was 3 years old or younger. Every patient going there, will be become part of that office, once you are in, they will give you the time and attention needed and they will make sure that you did understand everything. We do receive follow up calls and they will even advise you if no follow up is needed, they will let you know to come back just in case you feel that it is needed. If you ever call on weekend when the office is closed, and you will get the doctor on call, you will get a follow up on Monday to see teh progress, WOW. Doctor Ahmed and Dcotor Hussein is one of the best and well respected in this community. I have refeered several friends to their office and everyone is happy. The office staff are just as great as the doctors. Most of them have been there for a long time. Thank you all.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed
Please call 321.8HEALTH if you need help making an appointment
Locations & DirectionsALLERGY ASTHMA & IMMUNOLOGY, 903 W Oak St, Kissimmee, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed, MD - Allergy and Immunology in Kissimmee, FL, in this video.
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kissimmee, FL.