Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed, MD, FACC, FCCP is a Doctor primarily located in Marengo, OH, with other offices in Mount Gilead, OH and Marion, OH (and 1 other location). He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Interventional Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with OhioHealth Marion General Hospital and Morrow County Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed has the following 5 specialties
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed has the following 5 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
Sylhet Mag Osmani Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Roger Williams Medical Center
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed, MD, FACC, FCCP - Interventional Cardiology in Marengo, OH, in this video.
Dr. Imtiaz Ahmed is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marengo, OH.