- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Imtiaz Alam has 2 locations
Dr. Imtiaz Alam has the following 2 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Imtiaz Alam has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis B
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Imtiaz Alam Accepts the Following Insurance
- 2200 Park Bend Dr Bldg 1 # 300 Austin , TX : (512) 719-4370
- 2200 Park Bend Dr Bldg 2 Austin , TX 78758
More about Dr. Imtiaz Alam
Imtiaz Alam received his medical degree from University of Dundee in Scotland. He completed his residency at Hahnemann University Hospital, PA and his gastroenterology and Hepatology fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco. While in San Francisco, Dr. Alam was an NIH research fellow. His area of basic science research was complications of chronic liver diseases. From 1996-1998, Dr. Alam was an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Texas A & M College of Medicine. In 1998, Dr. Alam started the Austin Hepatitis Center, where he is currently the medical director. Dr. Alam maintains one of the largest private practices in the country devoted to liver diseases. Dr. Alam is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Alam is currently a principal investigator for many Phase1 to Phase 3 drug trials. He has written and published numerous articles for peer reviewed journals. He lectures frequently on gastrointestinal and liver disease-related topics to his medical peers and to the general public.