Dr. Imtiaz Alam Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Imtiaz Alam?

Medical Hero

Posted on February 19th, 2016

I came to Dr. Alam after being dissatisfied with the attention I was receiving from another top ten rated gastroenterologist in the Austin area for a life threatening illness. Dr. Alam cured my illness within weeks of my initial visit. I was very happy to meet with his PA for follow-up visits over the internet since I live 50 miles from his office. In addition, this provided Dr. Alam extra time to cure others like me. There is no way I would nitpick his busy staff (per other reviews) after receiving excellent medical care from Dr. Alam.

Posted on October 16th, 2015

the best of the best Dr Alam has helped me tremendously during my fight with hep c

bad doc

Posted on April 16th, 2015

I met him and told him my symptoms that I think I had a parasite from south america biting me, He then said" stuidies and your symptoms show that you have been molested by your father . This was sick and disgusting.

Clean House Dr. Alam!

Posted on October 30th, 2013

I too was treated by Dr. Imtiaz Alam and I love him except his largest problem is his staff and voice mail system!!! I personally talked to him about these issues and nothing changed; a nurse who give wrong info, won't return calls, and is rude (never wrong...someone else's fault). CT scans/blood work "lost", nurse Spring lowered meds when Dr ordered increase, nothing changes even with talking to office mgr - I am so sick of it that I reported it to Dr Alam, said I may find someone else - didn't seem to make difference. I guess if triple drug treatment failed; there is no follow up, I feel they don't care, not like at first. At 1 point they had a gal that was so nice, caring & boom, she's gone. He may be the best in his field yet my emotional toil is not good for liver. Does he really care about them AFTER treatment?? Didn't seem like it even during it....

Excellent Doctor -needs new office policies

Posted on September 4th, 2013

Dr. Is fabulous. I've never experienced such poor office help in a doctors office. The phone is NEVER answered by a live person. One must sit through numerous voive mail messages, only to leave a message to be returned within 24-48 hours. The best thing this dr could do is to "play patient" and see for himself how hard it is to get through to his staff. He would surely change the policies in his office. When a person is sick, they don't want to wait 24-48 hours to have an appoint made or to speak with anyone at his office. Bad policy to have people never answer the phone.

Posted on November 27th, 2012

His staff is lacking. Nearly impossible to get through to them by phone. Always goes to voice mail and you have to call several times prior to speaking to a staff member. Other than the above, I have found Dr. Alam a fine physican.

Dr. Alam Saved My LIfe

Posted on July 2nd, 2012

Dr. Alam and his staff saved my life. I had a very serious illness. Dr. Alam and all of his staff were very informed, proactive, caring, and professional. When side effects or problems with my lab work appeared, Dr. Alam took immediate action, either with prescriptions or by sending me to a specialist in that field. As a result, I had minimal discomfort and all issues were dealt with promptly and efficiently. He is a very good man who is both brilliant and caring. All of his staff are friendly, informed, and caring. His PA handled all of my insurance concerns immediately. My prescription refills were done promptly. I highly recommend this doctor!!!

Horrible unprofessional staff

Posted on April 19th, 2012

Office staff is HORRIBLE.

cold staff

Posted on April 15th, 2011

Dr Alam is a great guy and a superb Physician. But..... that said, his staff had a stick up their rear. The main office lady hasn't smiled once in the 10 yrs I've been a patient, Not even after I told her to her face... "Smile, your day will be better, and so will everyone else's. At that she frowned and just went back to what she was doing. She's been that way since the first time I saw her. But, to be fair, she wasn't trying to be the Dr. just a wage earner and certainly not a PR person. Alam is one of the best in his field in my opinion.He DOES tend to stack appointments. Go early in the day or expect a long wait. I spent my extra time correcting the spelling and phraseology on the directions and warning sheet they give to everyone. One page, 15 corrections. NOT good for a professional office.

Get to the point

Posted on February 28th, 2011

Dr. Alam treated me for a very serious problem and what I really liked about him was the way he got to the point and immediately went into "how we are going to fix it". He didn't waste my time or his, it is what it is. He was friendly, knowledgable and caring. I love his staff. When I got my diagnosis, they were right there to support me and throughout the treatment.I just love those young ladies. I am sticking with Dr. Alam.

Patient (Sanders Family)

Posted on February 17th, 2011

Dr. Alam has treated my wife and daughter and we think he's an a great doctor.

Posted on January 13th, 2011

The office staff are incredibly rude. I have never spoken to so many different office staff who seem to have no clue what they are doing. For example: Telling me my insurance isn't accepted after making an appointment and collecting my info- when in fact they do take my insurance. The staff have repeatedly provided me with information that isn't accurate or true. I would not return to this doctor for the sheer fact that his staff are inappropriate in the way they communicate with the Dr.'s Patients.