Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Imtiaz A Arain
Dr. Imtiaz A Arain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lombard, IL. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Arain is affiliated with Adventist La Grange Memorial Hospital and Adventist Hinsdale Hospital. Dr. Arain has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Imtiaz A Arain has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Imtiaz A Arain has the following 13 expertise
- Chest Infection
- Sleep Disorders
- Smoking Cessation
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Dr. Imtiaz A Arain is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 8
Very nice bedside manners
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz A Arain - Posted on October 31st, 2012
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz A Arain - Posted on May 12th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz A Arain - Posted on November 6th, 2009
Good physician but sent me out-of-network and cost me $3,000
Self-verified patient of Dr. Imtiaz A Arain - Posted on October 21st, 2009
I was very happy with Dr. Arain's abilities as a physician. However, after my sleep studies and diagnosis of moderate sleep apnea, his office ordered a CPAP machine to be delivered to my house. I trusted an in-network physician to send me to an in-network durable medical goods company. Boy was I wrong. I am now "stuck" with a $3,000 bill for the CPAP machine and BCBS Illinois will not cover it because it was out-of-network. I put the blame squarely on Dr. Arain's office and have called several times and have received no answer as to why they did not order my CPAP from an in-network provider. Had I known that I couldn't trust them to follow proper procedures, I would have ordered the CPAP myself and insurance would have picked up some, if not all, of the bill. I am VERY disappointed with this situation.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Arain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Imtiaz A Arain accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Imtiaz A Arain
A patient and a physician must establish a bond based on mutual respect, honesty and open communication. As physician, I try to personalize my care to each patient.
Locations & DirectionsDUPAGE PULMONARY ASSOCIATES LLC, 2500 S Highland Ave Ste 325, Lombard, IL
Dr. Imtiaz A Arain is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Lombard, IL.