Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Indira R Devu has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 10
This was absolutely the worse experience I have had at a doctor's visit. I have never been to a doctor's office that was so unprofessional in my life!! Not only was the staff rude and unfriendly, the wait time was incredibly long and there was no one in the waiting room. Upon the completion of my physical, I was phoned a few days later saying the office lost my lab sample and I would have to come in again so they could draw my blood again. WHAT? How do you lose my labs!! In addition, although the entire visit was covered by my insurance because I asked the doctor ONE question I was charged as two office visits. SERIOUSLY!!! You are a doctor. I am supposed to ask you questions. In addition, the office continuously sends me bills even though the insurance company has records of paying them. It has been 8 months since my one and only visit and I continue to get bills! If you want to have a pleasant office visit with a physician that actually cares about your health and not just getting in your wallet than DO NOT go here. I will never be going back!!
I'm extremely picky about my doctors. A few years ago, after my former doctor stopped accepting insurance, I was left to find a new doctor. Of course, I waited until I was sick and actually needed one. I came across Dr. Devu on my insurance's website. I chose her based on where she went to Medical school and also that she was a woman. What a pleasant surprise! Dr. Devu has a wonderful bedside manner that makes you feel at ease and comfortable from the very start. She's down to earth and listens to your needs. Jackie and Kiva on her staff will take care of you, too!
I love Dr. Devu! She has been my PCP for about four or five years, and has been unfailingly thorough, and shows compassionate concern, taking time and never rushing me through an appointment or examination. I am a health insurance agent, and I have recommended her to many of my clients, who have thanked me after visiting her.
Dr. Devu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
22 Years Experience
Morehouse School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1996
Morehouse School Of Medicine
Dr. Indira R Devu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMarietta Medical Clinic, 2520 Windy Hill Rd SE Ste 306, Marietta, GA
Dr. Indira R Devu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, GA.