Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Indira D Nair has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Women's Health
- Baldness (Alopecia)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Headache Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Me and a fellow patient had to wait for an hour and a half at which point the other patient left. I have been to other doctors who were late but they always came in apologizing. This doctor didn't even mention anything when she walked in. When I asked the doctor about the wait she talked as though it was her right to be late and was annoyed with me that I brought it up. She must have had valid reasons to be backed up but that no reason to be rude to patients.
Dr. Nair is an amazing physician who is very knowledgeable, works with you on preventative measures to keep you healthy, and best of all, truly cares about her patients. On numerous occasions she has personally called both myself and my husband to provide us with our test results and/or simply to check up on us to see if our medical conditions are improving. A few months ago I went for a routine (over 40) eye exam and mentioned it to Dr. Nair. I explained to her that all I needed was reading glasses (+10)... no big deal. She however insisted that the results be sent to her office and because of her thoroughness, Dr. Nair along with an opthamologist and a neurologist determined that I had papilledema and pseudotumor cerebri, for which I am now being treated. Dr. Nair now has me seeing several specialists but she remains very involved in my treatment and my progress and continues her follow-up consistently. I personally feel very blessed to have Dr. Nair in my life and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a remarkable doctor. With respect to the office wait time, yes it is true that there are days where I have waited for some time but I can tell you it is worth it. She has fit us into her busy schedule within hours of our calls on several days because we were too sick to wait. Also, I can say with complete confidence that the day may come where you need extra time or something explained with a little more detail so that you can fully understand your condition, and believe me, Dr. Nair will be there for you too!!!
Dr. Nair is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Grant Hospital Of Chicago
Dr. Indira D Nair accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIndira Devi Nair Md, 8565 W Dempster St Ste 105, Niles, IL
Dr. Indira D Nair is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Niles, IL.