Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Indra Tambar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Indra Tambar has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Indra Tambar has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Indra Tambar is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
Never ever take yourself or your loved one here. Does poor job of concentrating on your diagnosis . Shows little concern.. Only seems interested in monitoring your scripts. Never knew so many things were wrong with my person. Never could explain to my family my conditions. Until I moved on. Now I have extremely clearer insight. Her staff is horrible. You're a doctor for Christ sake. Not a correctional officer . No need to run a business as if it was prison..
Horrible doctor. She kept delaying my appointment and even refused to speak with me when I need her help, poor physical exam skills, abdominal percussion was not thorough, didn,t even check cranial nerve exam (neuro exam)for complete physical, didn,t ask for permission before touching me for breast exam, I felt kind of violated. No complete HEENT exam was done, she completely did not ask me sexual history/ Ob/gyn history for complete physical. Did not recommend me pap smear, did not look at my ears with otoscope... I don't want to be seen by her ever again.
47 Years Experience
Pt Bds Postgraduate Institute Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1971
Brooklyn Hospital Center
Dr. Indra Tambar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Independent Health Encompass HMO
- Independent Health FlexFit HMO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIndra Tambar Md, 415 Tremont St, North Tonawanda, NY
Dr. Indra Tambar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Tonawanda, NY.