Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Indu M Vence
Dr. Indu M Vence, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Schaumburg, IL. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Vence is affiliated with Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and Sherman Hospital. Dr. Vence has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Indu M Vence has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Occupational Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Chronic Illness
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
No communication skills from personnel to actual doctor. My 13 year old son went in for a urine test, I waited in the waiting room and the doctor didn't even come out to discuss results. My son had to tell me she referred him across the street for blood work due to abnormal results. I requested to talk to Dr. Vence and she instructed me that I should have went to her to discuss the results. This place is a joke..No professionalism and a very condescending "doctor"! Stay away!
This year due to overwhelming medical bills in the past my family has changed to an hmo. Never having been on an hmo, I was so nervous about getting a new dr. Dr Vence accepted us and we didn't even need a primary care appt. She has gotten us in on the same day when needed and seems to have a great variety of hours. Although you might wait a little for an appt. She listens patiently, and explaines her diagnosis. She is not one to send you to a specialist right away, if she thinks she can help. Seems to have a wide knowledge base and hasee definately saved me money. Her nurse is kind, and she never rushes me out or seems in a hurry. I would definately recommend her to anyone.
wrong diagnosis! wrong attitude!
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Vence is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Elizabeth Hospital
Dr. Indu M Vence accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueCare Direct
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsIndu M Vence Mdsc, 800 E Woodfield Rd Ste 101, Schaumburg, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Indu M Vence in this video.
Dr. Indu M Vence is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Schaumburg, IL.