Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen - Posted on March 27th, 2018
Dr. Antonsen has been my physician for about 10 years. She is very approachable, a good listener, and collaborative with patients and other physicians. I really like the way she takes symptoms seriously without over reacting and ordering every test imaginable. She is realistic, thorough, provides information, and is kind and friendly.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen - Posted on May 10th, 2011
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen - Posted on January 5th, 2010
Dr Antonsen is a fantastic dr. My two daughters, my husband and I all see her. When necessary she has refered us out to specialists. She and her staff make sure that any tests that need to be completed are approved by our insurance before sending us for the tests or letting us know if the ins. won't cover it. I don't know why she's been given bad reviews but we've seen her now for 5 years and she is an absolute angel!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen - Posted on December 13th, 2009
Having had numerous appointments with Dr. Antonsen, she consistently asked me what tests I thought needed to be ordered and rarely suggested any diagnostic testing other than lab work. She got upset when I asked "too many" questions about my illness as if I were questioning her competence. Unhelpful in diagnosing my condition, I've since been diagnosed by more competent physicians. My visits with her were a waste of my time.
Age related mis-diagnosis
Self-verified patient of Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen - Posted on July 14th, 2008
Dr. Antonsen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsCHRISTIE CLINIC, 1801 W Windsor Rd Ste A, Champaign, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen, MD - Family Medicine in Champaign, IL, in this video.
Dr. Ingrid C Antonsen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Champaign, IL.