Dr. Ingrid E Schmidt Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ingrid E Schmidt?

Wonderful therapist

Dr. Schmidt treated me several years ago when I was in my twenties, dealing with major depression and serious adjustment issues. She helped me tremendously. She has that rare ability to listen while reserving judgment, thereby allowing me to come to my own conclusions in my own time. The treatment allowed me to go on and lead a fairly normal life for which I am forever grateful. She is tough, but good.

Excellent therapist

Dr. Schmidt helped me several years ago when I was in my twenties, dealing with major depression and serious adjustment issues. She was a very good listener at a time when I needed one, and has that rare ability to listen while reserving judgment. With her help I was able to go on a lead a fairly normal life. I especially appreciate that she allowed me to come to my own conclusions in my own time, and did not force any realizations on me that I wasn't ready for. Medications were available but never forced.

Drug Pusher

My first few visits went quite well. She seemed to understand my hesitance to take medication and was teaching me relaxation/concentration techniques that aided with the problems I was feeling at that time. It seemed the more comfortable I got, the more she pushed drugs on me. My last visit she was encouraging me to take mood stabilizing drugs and left me with tons of paperwork on bipolar disorder. Instead of discussing my "mood Swings" and "anxiety" she spent the entire hour gathering all these papers for me to read up on. I felt she had her mind made up when I walked in that day what my diagnosis would be and she practically refused to listen to anything I said. I left angry, anxious, and so very disappointed that someone in her position could jump to conclusions without actually listening to the patient. She even claimed that if she had diagnosed me earlier this year I wouldn't of had to deal with medical issues I had faced earlier that year. This is absolutely ludicrous since I had a very large precancerous polyp removed from my colon at the young age of 28. diagnosing me as bipolar obviously would not have changed my medical circumstances. Even as I corrected her about my medical condition, she only brushed it away like it had nothing to do with her diagnosis.