Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Inna Shifrin
Dr. Inna Shifrin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shifrin is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Dr. Shifrin has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Inna Shifrin has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- EOL Care
- Dementia Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Showing 5 of 37
This doctor is usually polite, she is quite knowledgeable and experienced. However, she spends little time with her patients, Also, she does not always know proper procedures for prescribing some medicines, so obtaining them at a pharmacy may take several trips there. But the WORST problem here is with an Ave U office where she practices. The office staff confuses billing, do not answer phones, start working late and end work early. They set a bunch of weird rules about who must call what front desk assistant on what days and times. And it takes notoriously long to get a regular appointment to see the doctor. Plus, it takes around an hour of wait time at the office to be seen by the doctor.
Dr. Shifrin is the best. She may be very busy however, she spends time with you and talks to you. She's an excellent Dr. She's very smart and is very caring. Dr. Shifrin makes you feel like your her only patient and listens to what you are saying. You feel very comfortable talking to her. Her diagnosis are spot on. She will prescribe what you need and will also suggest other ways to help you feel better. She runs the necessary test needed to help find out what's wrong with you. If your ever admitted to the hospital, Dr. Shifrin goes out of her way to make sure your well taken care of. She also visits you every day. You cannot find a better doctor then Dr. Shifrin. I think she's the best.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Shifrin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Inna Shifrin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew York Methodist Medical Associates, 98 Avenue U, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Inna Shifrin in this video.
Dr. Inna Shifrin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.