Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ira Frye has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 19
During my labor, Dr. Frye was the attending physician. He came in to check my progress, which he then told me I was doing great, but that my baby's head was VERY large and would highly recommend I have a cesarean. He left immediately after without explaining anything to me, never even introduced himself. Turns out my baby was sideways in the birth canal for 15 hours(which he failed to mention). After giving birth vaginally, I then found out my baby was 5lb 12 oz. and his head wasn't large. A joke of a physician, if you can't tell a baby is sideways and a nurse has to do it for you.
My favorite thing about visits to Dr. F. is his bedside manner. Very approachable - so different from other doctors I've seen because he takes time with you. He's easygoing - never seems like he's in a rush to get out of the room and to the next patient (like I've seen with other doctors). I was pretty nervous about my pregnancy and Dr. F. had a way of keeping things honest and straightforward, but at the same time putting me & my husband at ease. I was impressed - and my husband had a blast swapping stories on fishing - LOL.
Dr. Frye is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Ira Frye accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ira Frye is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Flint, MI.