Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Ira M Klonsky has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Ira M Klonsky has the following 7 expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Wounds and Injuries
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hyperbaric Medicine (Hyperbaric Oxygenation)
- Colon Cancer
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Ira M Klonsky has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 41
I have suffered from inflammation, pain and abdominal swelling for years. I started to get multisystems of rash, yellowish eyes and full body muscle pain. I've been diagnosed first with lupus and then fibro neuropathy and perscribed 60mg of cymbalta for chronic pain. Every night I thought I was going to die while sleeping. I was prescriped muscle relaxers and narproxen 500mg as well to use as needed. I needed it every day that's how miserable I was. One doctor told me I wasn't dying that I just needed to starve myself a little and lose wait. I have been practically disected by various doctors and specialist and gone full circle about there times. Every time I thought I was close to getting answers I was somehow back to square one in doing all the exam again the following year. I met with Dr. Klonsky and was baffled of the number of exams done. In less then 20 minutes in his office he said it sounds like your gallbladder is not working well. He sent me for a HIDA scan and confirmed that my gallbladder had ZERO function and scheduled surgery immediately in fear of rupture. Pathology of gallbladder was chronic cholecystectomy. He found what was wrong with me. I hand a large amount of sandlike gallstone blocking the duct. Having this condition for so many years caused me so many other health issues, polyps and bacterial overgrowth in GI track and muscular and joint pain. I thank God for him every day. He was extremely caring and professional. I felt confident going into surgery under his expertise. If it weren't for him this could have turned into gallbladder cancer or rupture. I honestly feel I am well today and alive by his experience and knowledge. I wish he were a general practicioner, I wouldn't have gone through so many years of pain and suffering.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
40 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Guadalajara
Graduated in 1978
Brookdale University Hospital And Medical Center
Dr. Ira M Klonsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ira M Klonsky, MD - Surgery in Valley Stream, NY, in this video.
Dr. Ira M Klonsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Valley Stream, NY.