Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ira L Mitchell Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
My husband and I have been patients of Dr. Lyman Mitchell for about 20 years. When we first started coming, he was the most kind, concerned person in the world, telling me if I ever needed to call him to make sure the receptionist knew I need to talk with him now. In the last few years, things have changed. He is still kind, but he seems to always be in a hurry and sometimes he forgets things that he has to be reminded of. But most of all, he has a so called "nurse", who is not a nurse, who acts as if she is the most unhappy person in the world. She seems to dislike us for some reason and when she sees us in the waiting room, she always has someone else call us back. In an office check up recently with my husband, Dr. Mitchell had mentioned we needed flu shots and she just came in and rudely interrupted while he was still talking to us, slammed a needle in each of our arms and didn't say a word. The proper thing to do was stay out of the room until he got through with our session and then give us the shot. Has anyone else had a problem with Charlie?
We have used Dr. Mitchell from the beginning when he first began his practice. He would have gotten 4 stars all the way then. Now his office staff has changed. The front desk people are usually always rude, they never answer the phone it always goes to voice mail so they have to call you back. If you work, you are not always available to receive their return call - IF they actually call you back. The back office staff is usually very friendly. Dr. Mitchell used to always be so prompt and you could count on him to do what he said. Our experience the last few years is you are lucky if he calls you back. We have grown tired of having to wait on him. We are in the process of finding a new doctor.
38 Years Experience
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Ira L Mitchell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ira L Mitchell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, AL.