Dr. Ira Piel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ira Piel?

Seems to be a trend

Posted on September 17th, 2015

My mom had this Doctor. Doesn't interact with patients well at all. I met him once and he had the personality of a rock . Find yourself a real Doctor else where.

Highly recommend

Posted on March 6th, 2014

Dr. Piel's professionalism, experience, knowledge, thoroughness, and compassion are very reassuring. I truly believe I have received the best care possible with Dr. Piel and his nursing staff.

Doctor does not visit when hospitalized, staff rude & does not forward emergency messages

Posted on October 28th, 2013

Doctor does not follow through when hospitalized and does not return calls. Staff does not forward messages as well and billing staff is very, very, rude. North Shore Oncology operates as a wellness team and you are far better off choosing them, rather than a doctor that practices individually without sufficient, professional support staff. This doctor does NOT explain treatment or inform patient of alternative treament. All of the mistakes started after a course of treatment and it was difficult to find another physician in the middle of treatment. I would not recommend this doctor for any reason.

Doctor's Response

This patient's wife became irritated with our practice while being cared for by a physician covering for Dr. Piel. She had transferred care from another practice about a year earlier because of dissatisfaction with them.

Great Doctor! Bad staff!!!

Posted on December 6th, 2011

I'm a current patient of Dr. Piel's and I think he's great. His office staff however, the ladies at front desk are very rude every time I call. I don't appreciate their tone and I do expect to be treated kindly. I'm seriously considering changing doctors because of his staff.

Care and service

Posted on December 6th, 2011

Fantastic service from the front office to the back office! I've been treated at this office for 6 years and I credit Dr. Piel and his nursing staff for my stable health.

P D Smith

Posted on August 5th, 2011

Very caring and personal service..

Excellent compassionate doctor

Posted on July 23rd, 2011

Excellent compassionate doctor. Spent a great deal of time with me answering my questions any going over my treatment options. He returned my calls promptly. The nurses in the office and offered me advice and helped me through my chemotherapy. I had a problem with my insurance and they helped to make sure I got all of my benefits. I would definitely recommend!

A Lifesaver (Literally!)

Posted on February 24th, 2010

Thank God for Dr. Piel! As a thirty-something mother of two, it was terrifying and traumatic for me when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Thanks to Dr. Piel and his staff, I am still here today to care for my family.I was referred to Dr. Piel by a friend whose mother was treated by him over 20 years ago. It was very reassuring and important to me to be under the care of an experienced and reputable doctor. Dr. Piel lived up to all of my expectations. He was punctual, professional, compassionate, and best of all, SUCCESSFUL in treating my cancer! I am forever grateful. (P.S. The cheerful staff and yummy snacks made my chemo visits much more tolerable than one might think:)

Very Knowledgeable

Posted on February 1st, 2010

Dr Piel took as long as we needed to explain different treatment options.

A dinosaur

Posted on January 29th, 2010

Pompous. As with many cancer patients, I sought several opinions. Only Dr. Piel's reccomendations varied dramatically from other treatment recommendations. That's scary. Really crabby staff! I won't be seeing him again!

Posted on October 16th, 2017