Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ira Sharp
Dr. Ira Sharp, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jenkintown, PA. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sharp is affiliated with Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, Magee Rehabilitation Hospital and Pennsylvania Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ira Sharp has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Sharp is my primary physician and I feel lucky to have found him. Originally assigned to my case as a seriously ill patient at Albert Einstein Hospital, I found that he was not only a great diagnostician, but he was also kind, caring and compassionate. I even switched from my wonderful doctor of 25 years to become a patient of Dr. Sharp.
Dr. Sharp is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia
Magee Rehabilitation Hospital
Pennsylvania Hospital - Uphs
Tenet Health System Elkins Park Hospital
Mossrehab & Albert Einstein Med Ctr
Belmont Center for Comprehensive Treatment
Germantown Hospital & Community Health Services
Moss Rehabilitation Hospital
Montgomery Hospital XXXXX
34 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1979
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Ira Sharp accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Internal Medicine Associates, 201 Old York Rd, Jenkintown, PA
Dr. Ira Sharp is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jenkintown, PA.