Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ira Q Smith has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Hysteroscopic Surgery
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I remember when I initially became a patient of Dr. Smith. I had been diagnosed with Endometriosis but had never had surgery to diagnose to what extent. After attending approximately 3-4 months of visit Dr. Smith informed me that in order to appriopriately diagnose and treat my condition he would need to perform and exploratory surgery to see what organs had been effected by the disease. Through the whole process preop and postop Dr. Smith was there explaining what he was going to do and after the surgery stating what he had seen. Well it has been 6 years since I have been under his care and even though I still experience pain it has decreased immensely since allowing him to explore and treat my condition. Dr. Smith retired this year and he will be greatly missed. I could only hope that his replacement will be as excellent as he was with treating my condition. THANK YOU MD SMITH! You will truly be missed.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
39 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
University Tn Grad School Of Medicine
Dr. Ira Q Smith accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarris & Smith Ob/Gyn, 4116 Capitol St, Durham, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ira Q Smith in this video.
Dr. Ira Q Smith is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Durham, NC.