Dr. Iraj Akhavan Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Iraj Akhavan?

Excellent MD

Posted on October 29th, 2015

I have never had any problems with the medical service on any level, In fact a few years ago, as I have been a patient for over 10 years, I had a severe hernia problem. I needed home healthcare and the service provider was giving me a problem with extending the service. He reprimanded the service provider when calling him as the service provider felt I =no longer needed the service. He was able to have the service extended for me.

Never try this Doctor!! The worst experience.

Posted on December 15th, 2014

I strongly suggest, Never try this doctor. The worst doctor/patient relationship. He is very unrespectful/rude/30 seconds consult with a full charge.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR'S OFFICE

Posted on June 24th, 2014

Dr Iraj Akahavan will give you an appointment any day of the week because he is running a factory of nano-second visits. Scamming the insurance companies!! The wait time is like a hellish eternity. His bedside manner is zero - no patience for the patients!! His receptionists are rude, unprofessional and incompetent. You might drop dead waiting for them to return your calls. FIND ANOTHER PHYSICIAN WHO REALLY CARES!!

Posted on April 9th, 2014

I've been seeing Dr. Akhavan for many years. He is very important for our communities well being. He is patient, and he answers all of my questions. Excellent doctor and highly recommended.

Doctoral Student

Posted on February 4th, 2014

An expert and caring, honest and professional. Extremely understanding – highly recommended. ..

Great doctor despite the wait

Posted on July 26th, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Akhavan for years because he is patient, answers questions and spends time with me. The downside is, I usually wait at least an hour (at times an hour 1/2) before seeing him. That is my only complaint.

Dennis

Posted on September 29th, 2010

he don't understand the side effects of Simvastatin

Posted on February 6th, 2010

Great doctor. Very caring and attentive! Highly recommended.

Posted on December 16th, 2009

I recently chose this doctor and I feel I made a good choice. He is attentive and cares about his patients. The office staff is very professional in doing a demanding job. From what I have observed he sees a variety pf patients from theater types to the elderly and everyone in between. I have not had to wait too long so far but he is much in demand so sometimes it may take a while but it isn't asking a lot to get good medical care. Some people have a sense of entitlement and expect immediate attention and others are hypochondriacs who try to see the doctor over every little thing. I can see why he might lose patience with someone like that but I have not experienced any problems and I would recommend this physician to anyone.

Posted on October 19th, 2009

he's great at diagnosing things

Awful wait time

Posted on December 17th, 2008

It took me 2.5 hours to see this doctor. I waited, while the nurses kept telling me it would take 15 minutes, etc, which continued for 2.5 hours. Doctor saw me for a total of 2 minutes. Nurses and doctor were not very polite. Doctor told me he'd give me medicine for 2-3 days and proceeded to give me a prescription for 10 days - what does this mean? Would not recommend to anyone who is sick and needs to see a doctor ASAP.

Mean doctor-- not recommended!

Posted on May 6th, 2008

I had an appointment but was was still kept waiting for over an hour. When I did get to see him, he had an angry look on his face and his first words to me were "Well, what do YOU want?". And then he immediately began yelling at me for mentioning that I had tried to do some online research on my condition before coming in for a doctor's visit. He said that anyone who looks online to find out about a condition is an idiot because everything on the internet is false, and then he told me to be quiet and not talk during the visit. He is the rudest doctor I have ever met in my life. I was nearly in tears because of his very unnecessarily mean behavior. And also what he said about my condition makes me think that he hasn't been keeping up with the latest advances in medicine. He is an older doctor, very set in his ways, and I noticed that most of his clientele are elderly. I think he simply doesn't want to bother keeping up with new advancements in medicine. I will definitely not go back.