Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Irena Zalewska has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Irena Zalewska has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Irena Zalewska has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Irena Zalewska is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 12
I got right into this doctor, but I had been bleeding for a while. I was scheduled for a colonoscopy which showed bad things. She was comforting and sympathetic with me. She held my hand when I started crying. I would recommend her to all my friends and family. I don't understand the other reviews. I found her to be friendly and warm. She was very concerned about me and went above and beyond to get me into a Colon - Rectal Surgeon within 2 days. Also the staff at Henry Ford in the colonoscopy room were awesome! I wouldn't have that test anywhere else. Her office staff has been very nice to me on the phone and with getting my records to the surgeon within a day. I think you should forget the haters and try this doctor. All the nurses at Henry Ford loved her and said they would use her if they had a colonoscopy.
Very difficult to get an appt! Expect a long telephone wait for someone to come on the line and then months long wait to get in. Rude and unhelpful office staff including the office manager who does not return calls. I had an endoscopy by this doctor for H-Pylori. Dr. left on a month long trip after my test and although the test came back positive, I would have not known it if I hadn't called to office to inquire about the test results. You would think the doctor or staff would call you if tests results came back positive. Because the doctor was out of the country, she was not available to write the prescription for the antibiotic I needed to take to cure the H-Pylori. I had to beg the nursing assistant to call the prescription into my pharmacist. Each time I've called I've had to wait more than 15 minutes!! My time is just as valuable as theirs! Am going to ask my primary care physician to refer me to another GI specialist that is not affiliated with this practice! This practice needs a course in customer service and proper patient care!
20 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
St Johns Hospital
Dr. Irena Zalewska accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGi Medicine Associates, 28963 Little Mack Ave Ste 101, Saint Clair Shores, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irena Zalewska, MD - Gastroenterology in Saint Clair Shores, MI, in this video.
Dr. Irena Zalewska is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Clair Shores, MI.