Have you seen Dr. Irene Kakossian?

An Amazing Doctor!!!

I have been a patient of  Dr. Irena Kakossian for many years and I can attest to the fact that she is a brilliant and gifted Doctor. Years ago, I had a mysterious bleeding issue which 3 doctors had failed to correctly diagnose despite sending me on multiple unnecessary testings including several sonograms. It took one visit to Dr. Kakossian to properly address the issue which required surgery. This was successfully performed in her office. Consequently, even though I now live in Florida, I still come back to New York for consultations. I give her 5 stars!

Excellent doctor

Dr Kakossian is the only doctor I trust completely. I wish all the doctors were like her. I consider myself lucky to have found true professional, very knowledgeable expert and have her genuine support as I have known Dr Kakossian for over 16 years. She welcomed my daughters into this world absolutely exceptionally. I come from NJ just to see the doctor. It’s hard to find high caliber OB-GYN and Dr Kakossian is true one and I’d recommend her in heartbeat as if you are looking for great quality, compassion, understanding, kind heart and gentle hands- you should look no more - you found the one you need!

horrendous

no comment, regretting ever having been her patient

Wonderful and Comforting

Dr. Kakossian and her staff are wonderful. They are compassionate and caring to everyone that comes into the office. They are very accommodating to patients who do not speak English. Every patient receives personal attention, and I have never felt rushed. They treat everyone like family.

Please beware

I really don't like writing bad reviews, but gynecology is a sensitive subject and I don't want anyone else to have a bad experience. I came in for a follow-up on a positive test result that I had received at an urgent care. I arrived a few minutes early for my 11am, and realized that I was not the only one there for an 11am with the same doctor. I waited 45 minutes before I was seen. The doctor was not the woman in the headshot, so I don't know what's going on with that. When I expressed my concerns about the positive test result, she dismissed me and said that my problems were probably caused by the weather or from eating too many sweets. When I was lead to the exam room, I undressed and waited for a really long time. it was really uncomfortable because I was naked, freezing, and sitting spread eagle in this exam room for at least 15 minutes. When the doctor finally came in, she tested me for a lot of things that had nothing to do with the condition I was following up on. I was not given a run-down of everything that I was tested for, which I think was really sketchy. When I asked if I could be treated for the condition that I had tested positive for previously so that I could get a head start on feeling better, she refused. I wasn't requesting narcotics or anything; this was just antibiotics. I still wasn't going to write a review, until I had waited 8 days in discomfort and exhaustion. I got a call from the receptionist on the 8th day, and she told me I would need to book an appointment if I wanted to know my test results and be treated. I explained that I will be traveling for a few weeks, and asked that she just tell me what I have and send in the medication. She said I need to talk to the doctor, and the doctor won't be in the office for two more days. an hour later, the doctor calls. I guess she was in the office. She confirmed my diagnosis, but again insisted that I have to make an appointment before she would treat me. I said I wouldn't be able to come in for a few weeks, and she said that is fine because it's not an emergency. I insisted that I'm in pain and I want to be treated for the condition that I was diagnosed with, and I finally got her to send the antibiotics to a pharmacy. It really gave me the impression that my health was less important to her than collecting the insurance money from another visit.

Awful

This is the worst doctors office I have ever had to deal with and I believe they are way over billing the patients insurance for the procedures. I feel like there is a scam going on here for many reasons. I called numerous times to get results sent to me, and they say they are sending and I don't get them both by mail and fax. I talked with both kim and dina multiple times. They do not pick up the phone it just rings and rings with no machine. What if there was an emergency????? I needed a procedure and dr kakossian said that it might not be her doing it, and i said i would prefer her, since she was the one I had seen and it turns out that she doesn't even preform the procedure according to her desk staff it is her husband, which she never told me. I was also charged double for a pelvic sonogram over what rosetta radiology charges in the city and she missed the polyp and had to do it again. I question everything about this office....and will take it to the better business bureau.

Zero stars. AVOID THIS 'DOCTOR'! Worst experience with a Doctor that I have ever had. Unprofessional, rude and a liar!! Complete waste of my time. I had an appointment booked for 12:40pm today, around 11:30am I start to get messages from her office, asking me to call them about my appointment. I called the number that they provided multiple times....this number does not connect!! I am already on my way to the clinic for my 12:40 scheduled appointment. I received more messages, now telling me that they won't accept my insurance ( a different insurance company to the one I am with, and they already had these details when they confirmed my appointment). I replied to the text message with my actual insurance provider, I get a response to call them to verify this....I try calling the number again but It won't connect. I arrive at the address of the clinic......the floor that they are 'suppose' to be on is a construction site!!! I visit all of the floors of this building looking for the clinic and Dr. Kakossian...nobody knows who this women is. I message them again, they call me back, and say that they cannot accept my insurance, I said i'm in the building which floor are you on so that I can speak to someone in person, the lady I was speaking to says come up the 8th floor (prior to this I was told that the clinic was on the 3rd floor and then told to got to the 4th floor) I visit the 8th floor and surprise the clinic and Dr. Kakossian are not there!!! Today was an absolute disgrace. I missed a day of work to be scammed by this clinic, and did not receive the medical attention that I required. How I was treated was disgusting and humiliating.

Dr. Kakossian is a great OB/GYN

She is a wonderful Doctor. Her staff is very friendly and willing to help. She helped me many years ago when I thought I would never have a baby. I now have a handsome teenager. She is a special woman. I moved from Brooklyn, and still come back to go and see her. That's how great she is.

Not remmended office

I cant imagine that people will leave a nice feedback for this doctor. Hours of waiting time for seeing doctor for 5 min. I have some questions to ask but have no chance to do so as a doctor was already busy with her "GIFTS" packages. Grrrr Her assistant keep smiling by looking at you like a fool. Very uncomfortable environment.

Great Experience

Dr. Kakossian is incredible. While I did have to wait a little while, that's a given at any doctor's office. She was very nice, caring, and attentive. I felt as though I was her only patient of the day. I would (and already have) recommend Dr. K to anyone.

Saved my life

I cant express enough gratitude and appreciation for Dr.Kakossian. She diagnosed me right away and even though she expressed that i needed surgery ASAP, in a moment that i felt so worried, she explained everything in detail,professionally and with such compassion. After all the tests confirmed what she saw right away anyway, the surgery was scheduled right away and 2 days after surgery I am feeling amazing and i know that if i didnt go to Dr. Kakossian, i would never have had such an easy experience through such a difficult time.

Dr. Irene Kakossian is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.