Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Irene E Kelly
Dr. Irene E Kelly, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Oakland, CA, with another office in Oakland, CA. She has 24 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Kelly is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Alta Bates Campus. She speaks English.
Dr. Irene E Kelly has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Irene E Kelly has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Irene E Kelly is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I went to see this doctor because I am experiencing the same type of cancer symptoms my siblings have had. I arrived 7 minutes late because I got stuck in traffic after my mom’s appointment, then got blocked in the Dr’s garage and went to the wrong side of the office because there was no sign and waited 5 minutes at the wrong window. None of her rude staff told me to arrive early or sent me new patient forms. Now, I have to go to the ER because I use my time off work for my mom’s appointments.
I had talked to Dr. Kelly previously on the phone where she declined to prescribe antibiotics for a tick bite and insisted that I come into the office. At the time my first available day was 5 days out but I was able to rearrange my schedule to come in the next day. I was 15 min. early for my appointment and show to an exam room on time only to wait for over 30min for Dr. Kelly who made no mention of the 30 min. wait let alone apologize. She then proceeded to give me two reason for not prescribing antibiotic over the phone for my tick bite: 1) I might have been bitten by another insect, not a tick, and 2) she also wanted to have a Lyme titer test done. I pulled the tick off myself and not only was it a tick, but it was a dangerous blacklegged tick. The Lyme titer test is notoriously inaccurate for Lyme disease within 1-2 weeks of being bitten. And given that antibiotics are most effective within 72 hours of a tick bite I felt she was dangerously uninformed. At this point I left the exam room as I was dissatisfied with her professionalism and service and on the way out I told the front desk I was not happy and why.
Dr. Kelly is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Irene E Kelly accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Irene E Kelly is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.