Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge MD
Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rochester, NH. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge has the following 7 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I won't see her again.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge - Posted on March 30th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge - Posted on November 14th, 2013
ill informed on disease
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge - Posted on December 29th, 2008
28 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1991
Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Pathway X Enhanced Ind Direct Access NH
- Anthem Preferred Blue Network - NH
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts Granite Premier Choice EPO and PPO
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge
Dr. Rupp Hodge is a board certified Infectious Disease specialist. 'She provides inpatient hospital consultations and follow up as well as outpatient consultative services. 'She has a HIV clinical practice, a Travel Clinic and she sees patients with other various complicated infections. 'She is also the Medical Director of the Frisbie Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine where she sees patients with complicated and non-healing wounds. 'Personal interests include competitive swimming and she actively competes with the Great Bay Masters swim team. 'She is also a volunteer assistant coach for the Oyster River Otters Age Group swim team.
Locations & DirectionsROCHESTER INFECTIOUS DISEASE, 21 Whitehall Rd Ste 200, Rochester, NH
Dr. Irene P Rupp Hodge is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Rochester, NH.