Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irene S Tan has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Tan has done more for me than I ever could have expected from any doctor. I have a severe pregnancy complication, and Dr. Tan has gone to bat with my insurance company several times on my behalf (always with my approval, and without me even having to ask her to do so). She has personally called me to check in and see how I am doing. She always has an extremely quick turnaround on any paperwork I need or any messages I leave for her. I am so thankful she is my doctor! Many women with my pregnancy complication suffer much more than I've had to, simply because their doctors are ignorant or unwilling to put in the extra effort for early intervention. She always listens, answers my questions, and is quick to take action when needed.
Very inexperienced; had consistent lab work for 6 weeks straight and never received one call from Dr. Tan directly to discuss my results, only her assistant. I didn't feel cared for an individual, let alone a patient. This was extremely frustrating and I found myself frequently in tears because of the more than likely useless blood work I had to get, lack of communication, and care. I will never refer anyone to this doctor or Simi OB/GYN.
Dr. Tan is very sweet and will listen to your concerns. Just because she is not an extrovert does not mean that she isn't caring...I really like her.
I was skeptical after seeing some of the reviews on here but I needed to get into a dr. pronto. She wasn't super friendly on my first visit but I had to go in several times over the last few months and now I really like her. She's definitely shy at first but very caring. She called me personally to let me know about test results and to schedule a follow-up appointment. I have NEVER had the doctor actually call me - always nurses. I really appreciated that.
14 Years Experience
Ross University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2004
Dr. Irene S Tan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSimi Ob/Gyn Medical Group, 1147 Red Tail Way, Simi Valley, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irene S Tan in this video.
Dr. Irene S Tan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Simi Valley, CA.