Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irene I Wu has the following 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 32
I had a 9:00 AM appointment. I was put in a room promptly. At 10:00 AM, I left the room asking how much longer it was going to be before I saw the doctor. The staff told me that it all depended on the patient prior to my visit. I asked them if they double booked the 9:00 AM appointment so I would not have to wait all morning or if the doctor was even in. They just looked at me without any answer. The office music is obnoxious. I don't want to listen to Deep Purple, Space Truckin' while I discuss my breast CA diagnosis. Very rude staff. Inappropriate wait times without any consideration or communication with the patient who is waiting. BAD first impression - won't be back.
I can't say enough for Dr. Wu. She kept our mother alive during multiple very difficult health situations. Dr. Wu is compassionate, explains options very clearly, is wonderfully supportive, and is an extremely skilled surgeon. My sisters and I have relied on her expertise for our mother and Dr. Wu is the BEST!!
Referral to Dr. Wu through my PriCare. She did a laproscopic colon resection on me and I couldn't be happier. After four years of problems, I sinally had the surgery. She did a wonderful job and I have had little post-operative pain. I haven't felt this good in years! Would recommend her to everyone. She has a great bedside manner and is really sweet.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Wu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Irene I Wu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Surgery, 2210 Dean St Ste B, Saint Charles, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irene I Wu in this video.
Dr. Irene I Wu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Charles, IL.