More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irfan U Rahim has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 4 of 4
He has been my daughter's pediatrician for the last 8 years. My daughter went through a terrible ordeal where we saw MANY doctors in a very short period of time for an unexplained, persistent fever. Had it not been for all of the testing Dr Rahim did, the hospital might not have been able to figure out what was wrong with her. I was specifically told this by one of the specialists who worked her case. He's excellent with children, and listens to the parents. He has a LOT of patients, though. When you find a good pediatrician, you tend to hang on for dear life, and then tell your friends... this has made his practice explode! Be prepared to wait when you go, but don't let that stop you from going.
New York Medical College
Dr. Irfan U Rahim accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPell City Pediatrics, 2850 Dr John Haynes Dr, Pell City, AL
Dr. Irfan U Rahim is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pell City, AL.