Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irina Taraban has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Irina Taraban has the following 10 expertise
- Migraine Disorder
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Migraine Disorders
Dr. Irina Taraban has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Irina Taraban is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I visited The Norwalk Hospital ER 3 times over the weekend of Oct 13-15. I had severe facial pain that was so bad, I needed morphine 2 times. Dr. Taraban was the neurologist circulating at the hospital on Sunday. She visited me and did a quick evaluation. My CT scan and bloodwork previously done, came back perfect. Based on what I described she said I had Trigeminal Neuralgia - a disease called "the suicide disease " and recommended an anti seizure drug and anti inflammatory . Google this- it is a horrible condition!! When I told her I didn't want to go on the drugs without knowing more, she was totally dismissive. Keep in mind, she evaluated me for 3 minutes. Turns out I had a horrible TOOTH problem. A deep crack that went into a nerve that was causing this excruciating pain. I needed a ROOT canal- not a death sentence! Do not use her, or for that matter anyone in her practice. We've already seen one other person there for my husband and he did not explain my husband's condition and was ill prepared for our recent visit. Follow up has been horrendous ! Run!
Quick not thorough... Ended with we will just do MRI with contrast to see what is going on with brain after car accident and concussion. Primary doctor, concussion specialist and ophthalmologist did more thorough review and tests. Terrible bedside manner and office is a disaster. It took office 8 days and 5 phone calls from me to get them to make call and fax info to get further medical treatment.. Find another office... Stamford much better results.
University Of Connecticut Health Center
Dr. Irina Taraban accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNeurology Associates Norwalk, 637 West Ave # 200, Norwalk, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irina Taraban in this video.
Dr. Irina Taraban is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norwalk, CT.