Dr. Irina Taraban Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Irina Taraban?

Horrible experience, run away!

Posted on October 17th, 2017

I visited The Norwalk Hospital ER 3 times over the weekend of Oct 13-15. I had severe facial pain that was so bad, I needed morphine 2 times. Dr. Taraban was the neurologist circulating at the hospital on Sunday. She visited me and did a quick evaluation. My CT scan and bloodwork previously done, came back perfect. Based on what I described she said I had Trigeminal Neuralgia - a disease called "the suicide disease " and recommended an anti seizure drug and anti inflammatory . Google this- it is a horrible condition!! When I told her I didn't want to go on the drugs without knowing more, she was totally dismissive. Keep in mind, she evaluated me for 3 minutes. Turns out I had a horrible TOOTH problem. A deep crack that went into a nerve that was causing this excruciating pain. I needed a ROOT canal- not a death sentence! Do not use her, or for that matter anyone in her practice. We've already seen one other person there for my husband and he did not explain my husband's condition and was ill prepared for our recent visit. Follow up has been horrendous ! Run!

Terrible Service and non-existent follow up / patient care

Posted on April 14th, 2016

Quick not thorough... Ended with we will just do MRI with contrast to see what is going on with brain after car accident and concussion. Primary doctor, concussion specialist and ophthalmologist did more thorough review and tests. Terrible bedside manner and office is a disaster. It took office 8 days and 5 phone calls from me to get them to make call and fax info to get further medical treatment.. Find another office... Stamford much better results.

Posted on May 23rd, 2017