Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irina D Zhukova has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Irina D Zhukova has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
I stumbled on to Dr Zhukova at the East Hanover Medcare. She became my primary care doctor and was terrific. Competent and caring, yet stern when need, I had the utmost faith in her performance as my physician. When I mentioned who my primary doctor was to another doctor " you could not have made a better choice!" That says it all. I will miss her.
I have been going to med-care since I was 18 (I am 25 now). I can finally say that I have given up on this place and their doctors. I always wait for a minimum of 15 minutes past my appointment even if I'm early. Dr. Zhukova is unfortunately there most often and I have been disappointed with her EVERY TIME. She does not spare more than 5 minutes of her time and she does not listen, at all. She has misdiagnosed (and inappropriately medicated) me on 2 separate occasions now. My worst experience was: I had blood tests taken as a result of constant fatigue. I got a letter with the results that said I should come in the office within 2 weeks for follow up blood work because of potential hypothyroidism. I had an ultrasound and additional blood tests, and in the very same appointment (at the end, after I went through all the trouble of being tested), she told me that there was really nothing they could do because the level of hormone in my blood was not low enough to medicate. I wish I would have known to ask about something like that BEFORE I spent 2 hours in their office. I would not have even bothered with the procedures. Most recently (and my final time visiting her) was a follow up after I wound up in the hospital with a severe bladder infection. I brought all the paperwork from the hospital which explained diagnosis and medication. At the end of the (literally 2 minute long) appointment she tells me she's writing a prescription for bladder infection and I said, why? Turned out she didn't even GLANCE at the paperwork and I suppose she just was flat out not listening when I explained that I had gone to the hospital, received a diagnosis and been written prescriptions. My review is long-winded but I have given this woman REPEATED chances. She has failed me every time. I would never recommend anyone to visit her.
My family and I have been going to Dr. Zhukova for many years now. She is not only very knowledgeable, she is a warm and caring person that takes the time to listen and explain.Her follow-ups are second to none. Dr. Zhukova in my humble opinion is one of the best Physicians in NJ. We will only go to the facility when we know that she is available.
12 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Atlantic Health System
Dr. Irina D Zhukova accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon PPO
Locations & DirectionsMedical Care Of Fairfield, 150 Fairfield Rd, Fairfield, NJ
Dr. Irina D Zhukova is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfield, NJ.