Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irma Y Castro has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 86
I have been reading through the reviews of Dr. Irma Castro and as someone who is experienced with how her clinic functions I would like to say that most of these reviews appear to be coming from very disgruntled people. I believe it is important to remember that when a person goes to the lengths to write reviews like the ones below they are doing nothing more than name-calling to vent frustration. Unfortunately for those frustrated, said frustration is usually a product of their OWN creation and not the fault of others. The TRUTH of Dr. Castro's office is that both the Doctor and staff work very hard, every day. Dr. Castro treats MANY people, as well as whole families, and has done so to the benefit of the Fresno community for years. To add, she is a real community leader, establishing truly helpful non-profit organizations and even saving an entire school from closing. Her staff are all good people as well; they all really do care about the people coming in, seeking treatment. The administrative assistants at the front desk are some of the most diligent workers one could want in a practice. In closing, be wary of what you read; as a professional in the medical field I have seen more than one bad/accusatory/defamatory review created simply because a physician wouldn't "up the painkillers" or "just give me promethazine w/ codeine". Always be wary of any information that purposefully hides it's source.
Dr. Castro is great. She saved my dad's life with her care. The front office staff is garbage. Hot, stanky, end-of-summer garbage. The names of the two worst people employed by that clinic are Angela and Martha. If you wanna see what single motherhood and failure look like, look no further. I shouldn't know personal details about these people, but it is impossible NOT to hear them talk about every aspect of their lives with each other right in front of customers at the window. Simply sitting in the waiting room for 20 minutes and I now know their kid's names and where they go to school and about 5 things I shouldn't know about other people in the waiting room. The front staff of Dr. Castro's office is a prime example of what NO ONE wants in an employee. That poor Doctor must tear her hair out weekly. I guess we all owe a thank you to Dr. Castro for keeping them in a place where they can only minimally effect other people. Update: I now see Dr. Castro myself, and have been to see her 3 times. If you are a patient only talk to Sheila or Emiliano (tall guy). If not, then get anyone from the BACK office. Just stay away from the FRONT office or be ready for idiots.
Have you ever met someone and thought "I see why you are, at your age, where you are at in life"? Come to Dr. Castro's office and you will. I'm here for a 9:30 appointment and I just watched 1 of the women at the front desk tell a patient quite rudely that she did not speak Spanish, then no less than 5 minutes later begin talking to another patient in what sounded like fluent Spanish! I think that everyone who is established here knows that the first obstacle in this office is to get passed the horrible customer service representatives in the front and then you will get the treatment you deserve. Besides that, the nursing staff is always great and Dr. Irma Castro always treats me well. That's why I come back.
I just left from my appointment, and Dr. Irma Castro is a great physician. I felt taken care of by her in her office. However, the front office staff is embarrassing; The people behind the front desk are all grown adults, but speak like idiots (adding "s" to everything, using basic words incorrectly, etc.). You would think that if one works in a medical office for years, one would understand that it is "Blue Shield", not "Blue Shields". Learn to read. Again, this office is great but the people up front are so stupid it hurts.
Dr. Castro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Irma Y Castro accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFamily Care Providers Medical Group Inc, 1300 N Fresno St Ste 220, Fresno, CA
Dr. Irma Y Castro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.