Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irmindra S Rana has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Kidney Stones (Nephrolithiasis)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Biopsy
- Water-Electrolyte Imbalance
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Chronic Renal Disease
- Blood in Urine (Hematuria)
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr. Rana has been my mother's doctor for the past 3 years and he's the greatest. I can recommend him without reservation.
Dr. Rana is my mother's doctor and has been for the last year. He has provided superior care along with a caring and concerned bed side manner. He has been proactive with her care and always seems to know ahead of time what to do in response to a problem. He takes the time during office visits to speak to get and explain what she needs to do to maintain good health. This is why my mother would not go to another doctor if her life depended on it. She loves Dr. Rana. I fully and wholeheartedly recommend this doctor.
Dr. Rana is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Jersey Shore Medical Center
Dr. Irmindra S Rana accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRana Sappington Chauhan Mds, 611 S Carlin Springs Rd Ste 511, Arlington, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irmindra S Rana in this video.
Dr. Irmindra S Rana is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Arlington, VA.