Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Irshad Ahmed MD
Dr. Irshad Ahmed, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Colonial Heights, VA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahmed is affiliated with John Randolph Medical Center and Bon Secours St Marys Hospital. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Irshad Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Irshad Ahmed has the following 9 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
Dr. Irshad Ahmed is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irshad Ahmed - Posted on June 28th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irshad Ahmed - Posted on January 14th, 2014
There when you need him
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irshad Ahmed - Posted on February 1st, 2010
I have been with Dr. Amed for almost 4 years. I have found him to be very caring and will not give up on a problem until the answer is found and treatment is complete. His "bedside manner" is well above any physician I have seen in the past 30 years. When illness forced my hospitalization, he did all he could to make my stay as short as possible and be able to reach the correct Dx. find the corret medication and treatments that were needed.I would recommend him to anyone in need of a primary care physician, young or old.The one minor problem I have encountered is availability in his private practice office. Due to commitments to the local hospital, it limits the hours available to his private practice. However, if he feels a patient needs to be seen immediately, he will make himself available. Most physicians do not have that level of caring for their patients and families.
Dr. Ahmed is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mount Vernon Hospital
Dr. Irshad Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
Locations & DirectionsCOLONIAL MEDCARE, 2801 Boulevard Ste B, Colonial Heights, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irshad Ahmed, MD - Internal Medicine in Colonial Heights, VA, in this video.
Dr. Irshad Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Colonial Heights, VA.