Get the facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including the conditions and medications that can cause it.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irving B Elkins has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Overall experience was excellent. Dr. Elkins answered all my questions and allowed me to be part of the decision making for recommended tests. His diagnosis was accurate. The staff was courteous and professional...the offices clean. I would recommend Dr. Elkins to someone who was in need of a urologist.
Dr. Elkins may give the first impression of being a bit impatient, but he is actually very professional and caring. He told me that he could assign me to do some very expensive tests but he didn't recommend that, as they were not really helpful. Of course if I still want to do those tests I can always ask for it. I got satisfactory treatment there. The staff showed excellent courtesy as well.
Dr. Elkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
49 Years Experience
Wake Forest University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
Dr. Irving B Elkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUrology Associates Neurology Valley, 120 Akers Farm Rd, Christiansburg, VA
Dr. Irving B Elkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Christiansburg, VA.