Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Irving J Fishman
Dr. Irving J Fishman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Fishman is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Irving J Fishman has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Irving J Fishman has the following 22 expertise
- Sexual Dysfunction (Physiological)
- Penile Induration (Peyronie's Disease)
- Male Circumcision
- Penile Implantation
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Diversion (Urinary Bladder Removal)
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Urinary Catheterization
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Bladder Issues
- Urologic Emergencies
- Urinary Incontinence
Dr. Irving J Fishman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Irving J Fishman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Sometimes Doctors just work past the golden years and don't care anymore!!Maybe it's was all the false promises that never materialized or all the phone calls I made that were never returned about my testing. It took a month and MANY phone calls just to get my blood test results. Maybe it's the staff that says they sent letters to your insurance company..... but you find out different! No recommendation here at all !
My first visit with Dr. Fishman was pleasant and professional... once it began approximately 90 minutes after my scheduled appointment. Unfortunately, the level of service provided deteriorated from there. My second visit was marked by a staff that was inattentive, rude, and disorganized. The individual at the front desk (Cecilia, I believe) had no record of my appointment, despite my speaking to her specifically to schedule it less than 24 hours prior. Worst of all, when my pharmacy contacted Dr. Fishman's office to authorize a monthly refill of my medication, their response was to do... nothing at all for two weeks. Despite 2 faxes and multiple phone calls from both Walgreens and myself. The staff finally called me 3 days before a lengthy overseas trip (and after I had exhausted my supply of medication) to inform me that they wouldn't authorize a refill before I visted them again. Would have been nice to know several weeks ago! Now, due to my impending business trip and Dr. Fishman's laziness and incompetence, I'm stuck without medication for a month. Avoid this doctor and his staff at all costs. There are plenty of good options out there, but this is not one of them.
Dr. Fishman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Graduated in 1971
Dr. Irving J Fishman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsIrving J Fishman Md, 6624 Fannin St Ste 2180, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irving J Fishman in this video.
Dr. Irving J Fishman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.