Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irving S Gottfried has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Bronchopneumonia (Aspiration Pneumonia)
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I would not recommend Dr.Gottfried to anyone! unacceptable behavior ... being in the medical field. a DOCTOR!..i have left 3 messages with his medical staff for him to call me back.. on what is he going to do for my 83 dad?? the Dr. discovered my dad has a twisted stomach, put my dad on clear liquid diet, as i thought.. till the next step, ..so we are going on 13 days no food for my dad, yes.. we made him nutritional smoothies, not enough...he is a diabetic, Dad got light headed i thought he was going in sugar shock.. his stomach is hurting, 3 times i called the Dr. No response back, his office says he reads the notes, but to me obviously he doesn't care about his patients, if this was his 83 yr old father would he treat him like this?! i pray not... i am a very patient person, but who is hurting??! my dad! I did talk to the Dr's office manager he apologized to me and understood why i am so upset.. so think twice about this Dr. i canceled my procedures i was to have with him.. found me another Doctor.
Western Pennsylvania Hospital
Dr. Irving S Gottfried accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMonroeville Surgery Center, 4121 Monroeville Blvd, Monroeville, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irving S Gottfried in this video.
Dr. Irving S Gottfried is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroeville, PA.