The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irving Shen has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Irving Shen has the following 9 expertise
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Vascular Malformations
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Diabetes Complications
- Varicose Veins
- Heart Valve Diseases
Dr. Irving Shen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Dr Shen is amazing. I am 57 years old. When i was 46 a three centimeter hole was found in my heart.Having it repaired in CT I did fine for eleven years. Last week a wire from my pacemaker malfunctioned. My wires are on the outside of my heart and the only way to get them working again was to open me again.Until i met Dr Shen. He changed the wire by going under the breast bone with a small cut. I went home the next day and am feeling great.This is a god
When our toddler needed open heart surgery we met with and talked with top surgeons from Boston to D.C.. Dr. Shen gave us all the confidence that shaky parents needed. He expertly repaired a harder than expected pair of heart defects in our 18 month old son.
Dr. Shen performed heart surgery on my son at 1 week of age. He was a great communicator through out the entire process. He explained things honestly and thoroughly, and was very compassionate. I felt like my son was in the best hands possible. He communicated with us during the surgery and met with us immediately following. He is an expert in his field.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
34 Years Experience
Oregon Health & Science University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Dr. Irving Shen accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence MyChoice NW
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsOhsu Hospitals And Clinics, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irving Shen in this video.
Dr. Irving Shen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.