Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Irwin S Korngut has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Korngut is one of those rare Doctors who will renew your faith in the medical community!! He actually cares about his patients, and always allows time to genuinely connect with and keep current on whatever is happening with me, & the current research on my condition, most of which is currently being done in Italy. I'm a complicated medical case, but I have NEVER been made to feel like taking care of me is problem. He has taken care of me through everything from a five day hospital stay to my day to day issues. I would be deeply remiss if I neglected to mention that the glue in his team, office manager Miss Tina is a true Angel, & just because you can't see her wings doesn't mean that they any less real!!!
It is my preference that Dr. Korngut focuses on the technical aspects of diagnosis and treatment. He examines the data provided from various tests and observations, and adds his experience to formulate a treatment plan. He is not a pill-pusher (a doctor that just prescribes something to have the patient go-away happy.) Based on my experience with Dr. Korngut and comments that were shared with me by other friends that are his patients, I believe that he provides practical, effective, and cost-efficient medical care. Someone with an unusual problem would be served well by seeing Dr. Korngut.
Korngut provided post-surgery medical care for me in the hospital. On each of 3 visits, he was in my hospital room less than 30 seconds. (My husband timed his visits.) He would not stay long enough to ask how I was feeling, did I have any questions or concerns, or to discuss my care going forward. The only thing he did was check my incision. Since the surgeon did that every day when he visited and the nurses also checked the incision, Korngut added no value. That did not stop him from billing us for 3 full consults.
42 Years Experience
Duke University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dallas Co Hp Parkland Memorial
Dr. Irwin S Korngut accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsTexas Health Internal Medicine, 8220 Walnut Hill Ln Ste 110, Dallas, TX
Dr. Irwin S Korngut is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.