Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld
Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Hills, CA. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Neurology and Addiction Medicine. Dr. Rosenfeld is affiliated with College Hospital Costa Mesa, Mission Hospital Laguna Beach and Health Center Drive. He speaks English.
Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Addiction Medicine
An addiction medicine specialist is a doctor who treats patients with addictions to substances like drugs and alcohol or, in some cases, behaviors like gambling. Many of these specialists also treat the diseases that stem from these addictions.
These physicians are specially trained to prevent and treat the disease of addiction via psychiatric means, or other fields of medicine like family or internal medicine.
Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld has the following 11 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 33
Two words: STAY AWAY. More words: DR. ROSENFELD IS FINE - but unless you're within walking distance or a short drive, STAY AWAY. Why? His office staff is incompetent at SCHEDULING, which seems a basic task for medical office staff. Too many times my wife has taken time off from work (which looks bad) and I've driven (which I don't do so well anymore) only to find the appointment THEY GAVE ME is a different day. Or sometimes a few hours later on the same day. It's happened when they gave me the time and I put it on my calendar standing at their office counter. It's happened when they gave me a card with the appointment date and time, and my wife and I show up on that date and time only to find they have a different day and/or time from the one THEY WROTE DOWN and gave me. Enough.
Dr. Rosenfeld is very competent .
Dr. Rosenfeld is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
College Hospital Costa Mesa
Mission Hospital Laguna Beach
Health Center Drive
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills 24451 Health Center Drive Laguna Hills, CA 92653
Camino de los Mares
Anaheim Memorial Medical Center
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center - San Clemente
Saddleback Memorial Medical Center-Laguna Hills
37 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsGreen Rosenfeld Hockenbury MDs, 23121 Plaza Pointe Dr, Laguna Hills, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld in this video.
Dr. Irwin Rosenfeld is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.