Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Irwin J Trestman MD
Dr. Irwin J Trestman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Savannah, GA, with another office in Savannah, GA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Infectious Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Trestman is affiliated with Memorial University Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Irwin J Trestman has 2 locations
7120 Hodgson Memorial Dr
Savannah, GA 31406
Dr. Irwin J Trestman has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Irwin J Trestman has the following 7 expertise
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irwin J Trestman - Posted on October 29th, 2015
Dr. Trestman was very kind, courteous and on the spot. I had a post op infection that I have had for over a year. Unable to take po antibiotics due to allergies, he and my referring doctor quickly devised a treatment plan. I am still in treatment but symptoms are already subsiding. Very happy with both Dr. and Staff.
Not going back
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irwin J Trestman - Posted on October 30th, 2012
Made 2 visits - both times waited an hour to be seen. Second visit they couldn't find my file. Got prescriptions written and sent to my mail order pharmacy but was delayed in being filled becaused the doctor failed to write year in refills and took 3 days to correct matter with my pills running low. Looking for a new doctor.
He is a great doctor and he takes his time to find out what is wrong with you and how to treat it properly
Self-verified patient of Dr. Irwin J Trestman - Posted on April 18th, 2011
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Trestman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1974
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Irwin J Trestman Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Irwin J Trestman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Savannah, GA.