Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Isaac Cohen
Dr. Isaac Cohen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, MO, with another office in Bloomingdale, IL. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Cohen is affiliated with St Johns Mercy Hospital and Mercy Hospital - Washington, MO. He speaks English.
Dr. Isaac Cohen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Colon Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I came to Dr. Cohen as a stage 4 breast cancer patient. His bedside manner is amazing and I truly believe he has my best interest at heart. The Oncology nurses are amazing. With all the treatment I have had and will continue to have they are a very important part of my treatment and healing process. You won't be disappointed if you choose Dr. Cohen as your oncologist.
Dr. Cohen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Johns Mercy Hospital
Mercy Hospital - Washington, MO
32 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1981
Dr. Isaac Cohen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Isaac Cohen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, MO.