Dr. Isaac Namdar Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Isaac Namdar?

Great Doctor

Posted on August 7th, 2012

Well I have to say this was an excellent visit. I did not know what to expect and Dr. Namdar was excellent from start to finish the office staff was great. I felt very comfortable. There was no wait time and Dr. Namdar was easy to talk with and I understood everything he explained. I will visit him again when needed.

Very professional, yet very personable

Posted on July 25th, 2012

Many times when you go to a doctor, you feel so intimidated by their personality. Dr. Namdar was the friendliest doctor I have ever seen. Compassionate, yet with an appropriate sense of humor to relieve my anxiety of seeing a doctor. Oh, and his diagnosis and treatment were right on, which I guess is the most important outcome from seeing a doctor.

The right doctor, same day appointment

Posted on September 28th, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised to find an appointment to see Dr Namdar the same day in the middle of allergy season. He was very professional with me as he listened to all my concerns. He gave me a couple of prescriptions that made most of symptoms go away within a day. Plus, he hooked me up to see the allergist in his office for additional testing.To the person who left the comment about speech evaluation - It seems that you were in the wrong place to begin with. Cleft and such issues should be evaluated by a Pediatric ENT in a Cleft specialty center (my nephew had cleft). Don't blame the doctor if you made the wrong appointment to begin with.

Patient

Posted on September 6th, 2010

This doctor really understands ENT problems. I am glad I went to him. Very couteous and concerned about me.

A gentleman doctor like they used to make

Posted on June 24th, 2010

Dr. Namdar is truly a hidden gem. In these days of rush-rush, he really listened to me and focused on the problem at hand. He asked all the right questions, and with minimal difficulty he was able to make a correct diagnosis for my condition (I had seen two other doctors before and they could not figure out what was going on with me). I have already recommended Dr. Namdar to three friends, and he even did my nephew's tonsil surgery.

Posted on October 16th, 2009

Do NOT see this doctor unless you are willing to spend a large amount of money on so-so service. He uses unnecessary diagnostic procedures so he could charge unknowing patients an exorbitant amount of money. He had already acknowledged what my illness was (which turned out to be fairly minor and treatable with antibiotics-although he prescribed me amoxycillin which did not help at all), but still then thought it was necessary to perform an "endoscopy". I put it in quotations because he only put the endoscope no more than 2" up one nostril and decided it was okay to charge me hundreds of dollars on that one simple action. He didn't give me much time to consent to the procedure but only said he was going to do it seconds before. I had previously seen a very good allergist who performed an endoscopy as well; it was a very thorough one but even that only cost a little more than half of what Namdar's office charged me. Even after raising my concerns to their office, they were unwilling to help me out. He may be helpful for more serious medical issues but for relatively minor conditions I would never recommend him as he will just rush you out the door. At least I now know one doctor to never see again.

Right on diagnosis

Posted on September 10th, 2009

Dr. Namdar correctly trouble-shot my complaint of a loss of the sense of smell. He performed three procedures in one session which seems to have cured me. His description of these procedures were totally accurate and, some 4 weeks after the operation, I feel most fortunate to have had him. The man knows what he's doing, plain and simple.

Not ENT for speech problems and no equipment.

Posted on June 2nd, 2009

If your child has a speech impediment, Dr. Namdar is NOT the person to see.Despite months of speech therapy, my child's hypernasality was not improving. Saw Dr. Namdar who noted a bifid uvula, felt the mouth's palate, said it was normal, said it was probably overkill but go ahead and seek out a Cleft Palate Team as suggested by my speech therapist.We had to seek out another ENT to put a fiberoptic camera down my child's nose to determine the cause of the speech problem. Dr. Namdar has no such equipment at his disposal at his Amsterdam Avenue address, didn't even mention it was an option. A Cleft Palate Team reviewed the camera video, noted the bifid uvula, felt my child's mouth and pronounced there was a notch there - in contradiction to Namdar. All these things pointed to a submucuous cleft of the palate. Surgery is needed to correct the hypernasal speech. Dr. Namdar completely missed all the signs.

psyche

Posted on May 4th, 2009

Dr. Namdar is a bit of a hidden gem. I am surprised that there are no comments on him here yet. He has good clinical acumen, is a consummate professional and a warm and caring presence. He has been the one to make a difficult diagnosis for me (after seeing a ridiculous number of physicians), and to refer me to a specialist who had more experience with my particular issue (which turned out to be Sjogren's). One final note - several of the receptionist staff revealed to me that he is the one that they go to or refer their relatives to.

Posted on September 24th, 2017