The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Isaac Tafur has the following 2 specialties
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Isaac Tafur has the following 15 expertise
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Clinical Research
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Hepatitis C
Dr. Isaac Tafur has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 6
Last August, Dr. Tafur, said since we cant do a biopsy he could not treat this cancer, it had grown twice in two months, he recommend HOSPICE and I would have 6 months. I was very ill until January. I declared that I would not die that I would live and proclaims God work. The pain had been easier and easier, I had stopped to take pain med so on Aug. I went to the see my regular Dr. Bailey, I asked if I could have an ex ray of my chest. After having the ex ray the Dr. told me your lungs are clear. Dr. Bailey, said this is a miracle, he cried, the nursed cried. I thought Dr. Tafur would like to know this.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Universidad Autonoma De Nuevo Leon
Graduated in 1989
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Isaac Tafur accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJoe Arrington Cancer Center, 4101 22nd Pl, Lubbock, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Isaac Tafur, MD - Medical Oncology in Lubbock, TX, in this video.
Dr. Isaac Tafur is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lubbock, TX.