Dr. Isabella Bentsen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Isabella Bentsen?

No one listened

Posted on May 17th, 2017

I set up an appointment with Dr. Bentsen, as a yearly physical looking for a new primary doctor. Waited over a month to see her. The nurse spoke with me first and I explained, I was looking for a new primary care and I had to wait to have a physical so it would be covered. The doctor came in and asked me if I had any concerns...I listed them for her and within 10 minutes of talking, she recommended that I start taking prednisone, when I refused because of side effects, and her not giving me a reason why I should, she wanted me to take a reflux drug (I don't have reflux), when I said no to that as well, she jumped to diagnosing me with Pleurisy, 5 minutes after I told her it did NOT hurt when I took deep breathes!!! I soon found out why, I received a bill for my "physical" and it was over $900!!! I spoke with my insurance company and they said there is nothing I can do because doctors have the "right" to code the visit as a sick visit if you talk about symptoms of anything. I could not believe this! This is the world we live in now. Patients cannot be proactive and try to stay healthy because of doctors like this!!! So disappointed in what the entire medical community has become.

Posted on August 18th, 2016

Impressive doctor. Very thorough.

Posted on March 1st, 2016

Dr. Bentsen is a superb physician. Down to earth, warm, kind, perceptive and patient with a sometimes difficult senior citizen (me). She has referred me to a list of Duke specialists who have kept me going for the last 2 years and I feel fortunate to have had them all.

Posted on November 23rd, 2017