Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Isabelle M Von Althen-Dagum
Dr. Isabelle M Von Althen-Dagum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Setauket, NY. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Von Althen-Dagum is affiliated with Stonybrook University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Isabelle M Von Althen-Dagum has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Colon Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 5 of 12
Had to wait a month to get an appt., I was so sick,and instead of sending me for tests immediately, like an ultrasound and giving me something for nausea, she said, "oh I can't even imagine how sick you must feel; and then scheduled an endoscopy a month away. Went to another doctor, given an ultrasound and diagnosed right away with gall bladder issues. Haven't had luck w/dr.'s assoc. w/ Stony Brook. Too much like socialized medicine.
Dr. Von Althen-Dagum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Ottawa
Graduated in 1987
Toronto General Hospital
Dr. Isabelle M Von Althen-Dagum accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Gastroenterology Hepatology, 3 Technology Dr Ste 700, East Setauket, NY
Dr. Isabelle M Von Althen-Dagum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Setauket, NY.